National Service Scheme was launched in Gandhiji's Centenary year, 1969. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service. NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Schools and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage.
OBJECTIVES BEHING NSS:
• To enable the students to understand the community in which they work.
• To understand themselves in relation to their community.
• To identify the needs and problems in the community in the solution of which they can be involved.
• To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
• To apply their education in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
• To develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
• Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
• To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
• To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters
• To practice national integration.